Alpine Christmas Markets (Winter 2013/2014)
Tour Type: Discovery Tour
Brochure Type: Europe Winter 2013/14
Tour Pace - Moderate: A great mix of 2 and 3 nights stays with plenty to keep you occupied and loads of free time built in for Christmas shopping or just browsing through the brightly lit stalls.
PREMIUM EXPERIENCES AND DINING
- Hot Glühwein in hand, inhale the sweetness of cloves, cinnamon and citrus during an exhilarating horse and carriage ride through Germany’s Black Forest.
- Enjoy a highlight dinner where old-fashioned Tyrolean hospitality is blended with wine and good cheer for a special evening.
- The Swiss just love good food and wine, a decorative, well-laden table, and a touch of Gemütlichkeit - all of which you can expect to find at your Celebration Dinner.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Munich: See the Town Hall in the Marienplatz, and spend time at the Christkindlmarkt.
- Salzburg: View the Hohensalzburg fortress. See Mozart’s birthplace. Spend some time in the Old Town with its Cathedral and Residenz Fountain and Christmas Markets.
- Innsbruck: See the Golden Roof and Imperial Palace in the Old Town. Enjoy free time in the Christmas Markets.
- Lindau: Free time to walk through the medieval streets of this island-town.
- Black Forest: See Freiburg’s medieval Münster and spend time in the festive markets of the historic old quarter.
- Strasbourg: Visit France’s oldest Christmas market in front of the Cathedral and spend time in the atmospheric neighbourhood of La Petite France.
- Zürich: See the Grossmünster, Fraumünster and elegant Bahnhofstrasse. Attend Europe’s biggest indoor Christmas market with it’s Swarovski crystal Christmas tree.
- Scenic drives: Austrian Alps, Lake Constance.
PREMIUM HOTElS AND LOCATIONS
- The Hilton Munich Park combines a tranquil location on the edge of the famous Englischer Garten, with professional, welcoming service and luxurious modern comfort.
- The city center Hilton Innsbruck boasts magnificent mountain views of the Tryolean Alps plus spacious, comfortable guest rooms with a range of thoughtful amenities.
- Located directly on the crystal-clear waters of Lake Titisee, the 4-star Maritim Titisee Hotel offers a restaurant with lake views and comfortable guest rooms with balconies.
- For your final night on tour, your chic, modern hotel is conveniently located near Zurich Airport, offering spacious, comfortable and elegantly styled rooms.
INCLUDED QUALITY DINING
- A Welcome Reception with drinks and a light meal (WR)
- 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), Highlight Dinner with wine (HD) 1 Celebration Dinner with wine (CD) and 2 three-course table d’hôte dinners, or Buffets, plus tea or coffee (D)
INCLUDED FIRST CLASS SERVICES
- Escorted by a professional Tour Director
- Headsets for all guided visits and walking tours
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s Luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom.
- Insight Hotels include all service charges, taxes and porterage
- Airport arrival transfers at scheduled times on Day 2. Departure transfers by complimentary hotel shuttle. (Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, please make yourown way to/from the airport or purchase a transfer)
*Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.