Amazing Spain & Portugal (2013)
Tour Type: Discovery Tour
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2013/14
Read reviews >>
From the cobbled streets of Toledo to the arabesque Alhambra and Manueline Lisbon, this well planned itinerary highlights the culture, art and landscapes of these two ‘amazing’ countries.
Tour Pace - Comfortable: A popular, well paced tour of Spain and Portugal with two night stays in the cities of Seville and Lisbon, allowing plenty of time for in-depth sightseeing. Other driving days are comfortable, interspersed with sightseeing en route.
PREMIUM EXPERIENCES AND DINING
- Walk through the cobbled streets of Toledo, where Arab, Jewish and Christian cultures flourished side-by-side in the Middle Ages and view El Greco’s masterpiece in the Church of Santo Tomé.
- The Alhambra Palace is an arabesque fantasy in stone, the ultimate in Muslim architecture, complemented by the rich scented Gardens of the Generalife.
- From the Moorish Patio de los Naranjos, step inside Seville Cathedral, past the altarpiece, dripping with gold to the Tomb of Columbus, held aloft by four kings.
- Built during the city’s Age of Discovery, the richly carved gothic Cloisters of Jeronimo’s Monastery, radiate golden hues when bathed by the sun.
- A great evening of entertainment! Tables are reserved for dinner, drinks and a passionate fiery Flamenco show.
- Toast the culmination of your tour at a Celebration Dinner with wine at a typical Madrid restaurant.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Toledo: See the Cathedral and explore the cobbled streets.
- Seville: Enjoy a walking tour through the pretty squares and narrow lanes of the Santa Cruz Quarter. Emerge by the walls of the Alcazar.
- Algarve: Drive along this sun drenched coast.
- Lisbon: Tour the spacious avenues and elegant squares. Admire the modern Monument to the Discoveries and more ancient Belem Tower.
- Fatima: Join the pilgrims in the great Basilica.
- Salamanca: See the Plaza Mayor and Puente Romano.
- Avila: Walk within the ancient walls of this unique town.
- Madrid: Your guided tour shows you the statue of Don Quixote in the Plaza de España, Royal Palace, Gran Via, Cibeles Fountain, Parliament and Puerta del Sol.
PREMIUM HOTELS AND LOCATIONS
- Hotels on this tour are mostly modern, and comfortable with first class facilities. They are centrally located, close to amenities and shops, The 5-star Hotel Altis offers a heated indoor pool, and a gym and is set in Lisbon’s historic centre, with the up-market Bairro Alto just a short walk away.
INCLUDED QUALITY DINING
- A Welcome Reception with drinks and a light meal (WR)
- 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Highlight Dinner (HD), 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) and 1 three-course table d’hôte Dinner, or Buffet, plus tea or coffee (D)
INCLUDED FIRST CLASS SERVICES
- Escorted by a professional Tour Director
- Headsets for all guided visits and walking tours
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s Luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom
- Insight Hotels include all service charges, taxes and porterage
- Airport transfers at scheduled times on Day 2 and Day 10. (Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, please make your own way to/from the airport or purchase a transfer)
*Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.