Boston, Cape Cod and the Islands (Summer 2014)
8 day tour from US$2875.00*
Tour Type: Premium Tour
Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2014
Read reviews >>
Your Tour Director Writes: “Please join us on this up-market exploration of Newport, Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard - the popular playgrounds of American society. Shorter distances between hotels, and an excursion to Nantucket Island by ferry, means your never on the coach for too long. As you would expect in this languid summer hotspot, three nights on peaceful Cape Cod affords a moderate pace, with ample time to enjoy the quaint coastal towns and beaches. Start off at The Langham Boston, a tranquil haven of classic luxury in the centre of Boston. Experience warmth and character at the boutique Hotel Viking, registered with the Historic Hotels of America. Whereas, the refined Harbor View Hotel embodies timeless Martha’s Vineyard character with all modern comforts. The view and sunsets at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel are fabulous, but so are the facilities and warm hospitality of the staff. Step outside to feel the sun on your face and sand between your toes. Be lulled to sleep by the rise and fall of the tide ”
Premium Inclusions and Dining
- Follow part of Boston’s red-brick Freedom Trail which brings to life the story of the American Revolution.
- The Breakers, the most grandiose of Newport’s mansions, is an Italian Renaissance palace that is nothing short of sumptuous. View the priceless tapestries, fine mosaic work, irreplaceable paintings, and ornate furniture that testify to the wealth of one of America’s most affluent families.
- Have you ever wanted to know what it feels like to star in your own Ralph Lauren ad? Set out on an 80-foot schooner for a scenic cruise around the Newport coast.
- New Bedford is a city that built its wealth on blubber. Journey back to the great age of Moby Dick and castaway crews from around the globe at the engaging Whaling Museum.
- Take a ferry to the island of Martha’s Vineyard for a taste of authentic New England.
- Take a ferry over to the idyllic island of Nantucket, characterised by cobblestone streets, antique stores, lighthouses and acres of conservation land.
- There’s something for everyone at the Heritage Museums and Gardens - a fascinating complex of Americana museums located within a 100-acre garden setting.
- Join your Tour Director and celebrate the culmination of your tour with wine.
Additional Included Highlights
- Boston: View the neighbourhoods of Back Bay and Bunker Hill.
- Martha’s Vineyard: Visit Oak Bluffs with its ‘gingerbread cottages’ and tour the island.
- Cape Cod: Tour the Cape Cod National Seashore and the town of Chatham. Taste the goodness of Massachusetts’ number one agricultural commodity crop at a cranberry bog.
- Scenic Drives: Travel along Ocean Drive in Newport, Rhode Island. Enjoy the natural beauty of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket.
Included Quality Dining
- At 6.00 pm on Day 1 join your Tour Director for a Welcome Reception with drinks and Welcome Dinner (WR,WD)
- 7 Full Breakfasts (FB), 2 three-course table d’hote Dinners (D) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD)
Included First Class Services
- Escorted by a professional Tour Director
- Headsets for all guided visits and walking tours
- Luxury air-conditioned, 40-guest coaches with extra legroom and onboard restroom
- Complimentary bottled water on board your luxury touring coach
- Complimentary coach and hotel WiFi
- Insight Hotels include all service charges, taxes and porterage
- Airport arrival and departure transfers on Day 1 and Day 8
*Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.