Country Roads of Ireland (Preview 2015)
13 day tour from US$2825.00*
Tour Type: Country Roads Tour
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain Preview 2015
Read reviews >>
Come join in the ‘craic’ on this convivial jaunt around the Emerald Isle, furnished with ruined castles, towering cliffs, historic towns, quiet lakes and natural wonders.
Tour Pace - Comfortable: This is a moderately paced and expertly planned tour. The driving days are of a reasonable length, with frequent stops offering splendid photo opportunities.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCES AND DINING
- Dublin: Breathe the air thickened by the musty tomes of Trinity College Library and see the 9th century Book of Kells.
- Kildare: Experience a behind the scenes look at the Irish National Stud and Japanese Gardens.
- Blarney: Dangle from the ramparts to kiss the Stone of Eloquence, and never be lost for words again!
- Killarney: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lush lake lands and remote villages, as you tour the magical Ring of Kerry.
- Killarney: A local 'Jarvie' informs you of the history, legend and folklore of Killarney aboard a famous jaunting car ride.
- Bunratty: Explore the Folk Park, a living museum which takes you back to the days of old Ireland.
- Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Centre and look out over the Atlantic Ocean from these majestic cliffs.
- Connemara: Visit Kylemore Abbey, one of Ireland’s most romantic buildings.
- Clonalis House: Meet the family and tour the home of the descendants of the last High Kings of Ireland.
- Belleek: Enjoy a guided tour of the porcelain production process and meet some of the specialist crafts people.
- Giants Causeway: Learn about the towering hexagonal basalt columns - a geological spectacle to behold.
- Belfast: The Irish call it 'craic' - the warm feeling resulting from the confluence of music, drink, good food, laughter, and conversation. And after circumnavigating the Emerald Isle, there's bound to be a fare share of craic in the room at your grand finalé Celebration Dinner. Sláinte!
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Dublin: See Custom House, Dublin Castle and O’Connell St.
- Kilkenny: See the Castle, Cathedral and visit the Design Centre.
- Cahir: Stop for a photo of the massive castle.
- Cork: Enjoy an orientation tour.
- Dingle Peninsula: Enjoy a scenic tour to Slea Head.
- Adare: See the main street lined with thatched cottages.
- Limerick: See King John’s Castle, the Cathedral and Treaty Stone.
- Galway: See St. Nicholas Cathedral, Spanish Arch & Eyre Square.
- Connemara: Visit the Marble factory.
- Londonderry: See ‘Derry’s Walls’ and Gothic guildhall.
- Carrickfergus: Drive around the immense Castle.
- Belfast: See City Hall, Queen’s University and Stormont Castle.
- Scenic drives: Antrim coast, Connemara, Ring of Kerry, Dingle Burren.
PREMIUM HOTELS AND LOCATIONS
- Spectacularly set on the shores of Galway Bay, the luxurious four star Connemara Coast Hotel offersdiscerning guests excellent accommodation and exceptional standards of food and service.
- Modern hotels like the Europa in Belfast, contrast with the historic charm of Ballygally Castle Hotel with its antique furniture and resident ghost.
- The Blarney Golf Resort is set amongst 170 acres in the beautiful Shournagh Valley.
INCLUDED QUALITY DINING
- A Welcome Reception with drinks and Welcome Dinner (WD)
- 11 full Breakfasts (FB), 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) and 4 three-course Evening Meals with choice, plus tea or coffee (D)
INCLUDED FIRST CLASS SERVICES
- Escorted by one of Insight's expert Tour Directors - your ‘travelling concierge’, expert guide, consummate facilitator and friend in a foreign land who ensures your journey is as enjoyable as possible.
- Baggage handling everywhere on tour, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel
- Hotel and restaurant tips included - you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for coins or banknotes
- Free Wi-Fi in most hotel rooms or lobbies
- Personal radio headsets to give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights without missing any of your local expert’s fascinating insights and commentary
- Insight Flourishes - from time to time your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s Luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. Complimentary on-board wi-fi where possible
- Airport transfers at scheduled times on the first and last day of your escorted journey
Departure on June 27th stays in Londonderry Arms Hotel in Carnlough on day 10 instead of Ballygally.
*Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.