Elegance of the Pharaohs (2013)
Tour Type: Insight Gold Luxury Tour & Cruise
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2013/14, Ancient Civilizations 2013/14, Insight Gold 2013/14
Tour Pace - A relaxed itinerary where you can watch ancient Egypt unfold before your very eyes from the French balcony of your deluxe river cruise suite.
GOLD EXPERIENCES AND DINING
- See the Sphinx and stand inside one of the Pyramids, where pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
- Explore the magnificent Egyptian Museum, home to the treasures of King Tutankhamun’s tomb.
- Stand amid the vast forest of columns at Karnak, the largest temple complex ever built by man.
- Embark on a West Bank excursion to visit the Temple Hatshepsut, one of a handful of female rulers and venture into some of the royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings.
- Board a motorboat to the Philae Island temple complex.
- In Aswan, enjoy a sunset high tea in colonial English style.
- Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Cairo: Visit Tahrir Square.
- Dendara: Visit the Temple of Hathor with its rare depiction of Cleopatra and her son Caesarian.
- Luxor: Visit the Temple of Luxor. See the Colossi of Memnon.
- Kom Ombo: Visit the impressive double-temple, the only one of its kind dedicated to two gods.
- Aswan: Sail on a traditional ‘felucca’ around the Botanical gardens. Visit the Aswan High Dam. See the Unfinished Obelisk.
YOUR LUXURY GOLD HOTELS AND CRUISE SHIPS
- Set among charming villas in Cairo’s oldest district, the full-service luxury Four Seasons hotel at Nile Plaza provides an elegant refuge from the clamour of the city streets. Dine, relax and entertain in a setting that embraces the new and modern while honouring the intrigue and mystery of the past.
- Aboard your cruise ship, experience old world elegance and sophistication, blended in perfect harmony with modern amenities and comforts. Lavishly adorned with original artwork and rich, warm, wood panelling throughout the ship, spacious suites, the deluxe MS River Tosca offers guests a new level of luxury when cruising on the Nile.
YOUR DELICIOUS DINING EXPERIENCES
- 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Highlight Dinner (HD), 4 hot and cold buffet lunches of typical Egyptian and Western fare (L), 3 three course evening meals while cruising (D).
YOUR INCLUSIVE GOLD SERVICES
- Escorted by your own personal Egyptologist, a professional and experienced Insight Tour Director.
- Complimentary in-room Internet access (where available).
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all shore excursions.
- Scheduled flights Cairo/Luxor, Aswan/Cairo.
- Air-conditioned coach for sightseeing and excursions.
- Arrival and departure transfers.
*Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.