Tour Type: Regional Tour
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2013/14
Read reviews >>
The living museum at Bunratty, jaunting car in Killarney, the brilliant green countryside, coastal scenery and ‘lilt’ of Irish voices all make for an exceptional tour.
Tour Pace - Comfortable: Well paced with two-nights in Killarney, and overnight stays in Galway and Cork. The driving days are of a reasonable length with scenic stops offering photo opportunities.
PREMIUM EXPERIENCES AND DINING
- Breathe the air thickened by the musty tomes of Trinity College Library and admire the lavish 8C Book of Kells.
- Stop by the Exhibition Centre and look out to the Atlantic Ocean from the majestic Cliffs of Moher.
- Explore Bunratty Folk Park, a living museum which takes you back to the days of old Ireland.
- A delightful excursion around the Ring of Kerry.
- Take a ride with a Jarvie in a famous jaunting car.
- The Queenstown Story at Cobh retraces the steps of Irish emigration from the famine period of 1845 to the era of the great ocean liners in the 1950’s.
- Tell your friends that you dangled from the castle ramparts to kiss the Stone of Eloquence, and they’ll probably think it’s a load of Blarney!
- Join an equine professional for a behind the scenes look at the Irish National Stud and Japanese Gardens.
- Choose from a selection of restaurants in Killarney.
- Celebrate Irish style! Join in the ‘craic’ over dinner with fabulous local flavours and wine.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Dublin: See the Custom House, Guinness Brewery, Phoenix Park, Dublin Castle and the Georgian townhouses.
- Galway: See the Lynch Memorial, Church of St. Nicholas, Spanish Arch and Eyre Square.
- Burren: Drive through the rocky limestone landscape.
- Limerick: See Treaty Stone, King John’s Castle and Cathedral.
- Adare: See the main street lined with thatched cottages.
- Cork: Enjoy an orientation tour.
- Waterford: Visit the Crystal Showroom. See Reginald’s Tower.
PREMIUM HOTELS AND LOCATIONS
- The four hotels on this tour range from the contemporary Burlington in Dublin and Galway’s classic Connemara Coast Hotel, to the cosmopolitan Killarney Towers and the River Lee, one of the most luxurious Cork city hotels.
INCLUDED QUALITY DINING
- A Welcome Reception with light informal meal (WR)
- 6 full Breakfasts (FB), 1 Dine Around (DA) , 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) and 1 three-course Evening Meal with choice, or buffets, plus tea or coffee (D)
INCLUDED FIRST CLASS SERVICES
- Escorted by a professional Tour Director
- Headsets for all guided visits and walking tours
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s Luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom
- Insight Hotels include all service charges, taxes and porterage
- Airport transfers at scheduled times on Day 2 and Day 8 (Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, please make your own way to/from the airport)
*Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.