Tour Type: Regional Tour
Brochure Type: Ancient Civilizations 2013/14, Europe & Britain 2013/14
Tour Pace - Comfortable:
As Israel is quite a small country, it is often surprising how much sightseeing can be achieved in a day. The touring days are not too long, with plenty of visits along the way. And with two nights in Tel Aviv and three nights in Jerusalem, you will not have to pack and unpack every night.
Note: This map is intended as a broad representation of the route travelled, for a more detailed map of the region please visit Google Maps
PREMIUM EXPERIENCES AND DINING
- In Tel Aviv, visit Mini Israel, featuring models of famous buildings and sites from all around Israel.
- Explore the Roman and Crusader ruins at Caesarea, formally one of the splendid cities in Palestine.
- Enjoy a morning boat ride on the Sea of Galilee, the very place where Jesus is said to have walked on water.
- It’s nearly impossible to sink the Dead Sea so be sure to take a dip in the mineral rich waters.
- Ascend by cable car to the ancient fortress at Masada where Jewish Zealots held out for three years against Herod’s armies, before committing mass suicide.
- In Jerusalem, walk the Stations of the Cross to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, site of the Crucifixion.
- Visit two of Jerusalem’s most important museums, the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum and Shrine of the Book.
- Partake in a Friday night Shabbat dinner in Tel Aviv.
- Toast the culmination of your tour with a lively Celebration Dinner at a Jerusalem restaurant.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Tel Aviv: Visit Mini Israel, a miniature park. See Habimah National Theatre, Rabin Square and Carmel market.
- Jaffa: Visit the ancient port.
- Caesarea: Explore the Roman and Crusader ruins.
- Nazareth: Visit the Church of the Annunciation.
- Galilee: Enjoy a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee. A brief talk on the history and contemporary life on a Kibbutz. Visit Capernaum and the Mount of the Beatitudes.
- Dead Sea: Enjoy a dip in the mineral rich waters. See where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered.
- Masada: Take a thrilling cable-car ride up to the fortress.
- Jerusalem: Walk the Stations of the Cross and visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Garden of Gethsemene, Room of the Last Supper, Pool of Bethesda, Ecce Homo Arch. See the Temple Mount. Visit the Jewish sites of King David’s Tomb, Western Wall, Holocaust Museum and Shrine of the Book.
PREMIUM HOTELS AND LOCATIONS
- Sheraton is one of the most revered hotel brands in the world, known for their superior quality and service.
- The two Leonardo hotels in Jerusalem and Tiberias are both modern, elegant and superbly located.
- The magnificent Hod Hamidbar hotel on the shore of the Dead Sea, offers you serenity, relaxation and the perfect pampering experience in their modern spa.
INCLUDED QUALITY DINING
- 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Highlight Dinner, 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) and 2 three-course table d’hôte Dinners, or Buffets, plus tea or coffee (D)
INCLUDED FIRST CLASS SERVICES
- Insight’s professional multilingual Tour Director to escort you
- Headsets for all guided visits and walking tours
- Sightseeing by air-conditioned coach or minibus (40 seat coaches with extra leg room are not available)
- Insight Hotels include all service charges, taxes and porterage
- Arrival & departure transfers between the airport and your Insight tour hotel
*Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.
Smaller coaches without toilet facilities may be used.