Wonders of Turkey (2013)
Tour Type: Regional Tour
Brochure Type: Ancient Civilizations 2013/14, Europe & Britain 2013/14
Tour Type: Insight Gold Luxury Tour
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2013/14
Read reviews >>
Gifted with natural wonders like Göreme, and the white terraces of Pamukkale, but ancient Ephesus stands out as Turkey’s finest gem.
Tour Pace - Comfortable/Active: This tour captures all the fabulous highlights of Turkey, so the pace can be fairly brisk. However, there are two-night stays in Istanbul and Cappadocia, and driving days are of reasonable length with regular comfort stops for refreshment and sightseeing.
PREMIUM EXPERIENCES AND DINING
- Visit Istanbul’s Blue Mosque and St Sophia museum.
- Gain an insight into the lives of the Ottoman sultans at the fabulous Topkapi Palace in Istanbul.
- Enjoy a relaxing cruise along the Bosphorus past Ottoman palaces, old mansions and fortresses.
- Pay your respects at Anzac Cove & Lone Pine Cemetery.
- Visit the site of the ancient Hellenistic city of Pergamon, with some of the most impressive ruins in all of Turkey.
- Tour Ephesus, one of the world’s finest ancient sites, visit the House of the Virgin Mary and Archeological Museum.
- Visit Pamukkale’s Hierapolis ruins and cascading ‘Cotton Castle’ of milky white travertine pools.
- Visit the beautiful Mevlana Museum for an insight into the mystic Whirling Dirvishes of Konya.
- Explore underground cities, rock cut-churches and fairy-tale chimneys of Göreme and the Pasabag Valley.
- Discover the mysterious Hittite civilization in Ankara and visit the mausoleums of Ataturk and Haci Bektas.
- Celebrate the music, dance and tradition of the Turkish people at a folklore show in an underground cave.
- Toast the culmination of your tour with a lively Celebration Dinner at an Istanbul restaurant.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Istanbul: Visit the Hippodrome and a complete guide on how to haggle in the Grand Bazaar!
- Troy: View the huge reconstructed Trojan Horse.
- Konya: See the Karatay Medrese and Ince Minaret.
- Anatolia: Visit a well preserved Caravanserai.
PREMIUM HOTELS AND LOCATIONS
- Accommodation in Turkey can vary in style and comfort depending on the area. In general, the hotels on this tour are clean, comfortable and centrally located with the best scenic locations in the towns of K usadasi, Pamukkale and Cappadocia.
INCLUDED QUALITY DINING
- A Welcome Reception with light informal meal (WR)
- 10 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 H ighlight Dinner (HD), 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) and 6 special-menu Dinners, or Buffets, plus tea or coffee (D)
INCLUDED FIRST CLASS SERVICES
- Escorted by a professional multilingual Tour Director
- Headsets for all guided visits and walking tours
- Luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom
- Insight Hotels include all service charges, taxes and porterage
- Arrival and departure transfers between the airport and your Insight tour hotel.
*Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.