Ireland is dubbed ‘The Emerald Isle’ for a reason: rolling hills of lush green, poetically wistful coastlines, and rich pastures of a fairytale hue.
On the Best of Ireland and Scotland tour you’ll visit:
– The Ring of Kerry through Killarney National Park. One of the most popular tourist destinations in Ireland, you’ll meander a breathtaking loop through sparkling lakes, white sandy beaches, and patchwork hills filled with cattle fields and bleating sheep.
– The dramatic Cliffs of Moher. These dark limestone crags ruggedly jut out into the Atlantic at heights of 700 ft. Brooding and contemplative, the cliffs seethe with a powerful aura felt by all who visit.
– The Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland, fervently argued by the Irish to be the 8th wonder of the world. A geological wonder, these columns of hexagonal rocks are neatly stacked together, caused by the cooling of basaltic lava that burst through the earth’s crust millions of years ago.
Then, you’ll cross the Irish Sea by ferry to Scotland and see deep blue lochs, stunning highland landscapes, and beautiful rugged mountains.
– You’ll journey through the vast Scottish Highlands like a clansman, passing the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond and through the awe-inspiring wilderness of the Trossachs National Park.
– Mysterious Loch Ness. This bucket-list lake is famous not just for its beauty, but also for the myths of sea monsters lurking in its waters.
– The unbelievable Glencoe Valley, guilty of forcing the jaws of previous guests to drop in stupefied wonder.
Greg, our Local Specialist, notes that ‘One of the best things about the tour is the amazing views you see in between each stop.’ A perfect example of this is the scenic drive from Glasgow to Inverness, through Glencoe valley – ‘Everybody absolutely loves it.’
The truth about Ireland and Scotland is that their beauty is not contained; the visual delights don’t stop just at your planned destinations. Because you’re on an Insight coach, uniquely customized with extra space and unobstructed views, you’ll enjoy unbelievable vistas even while transiting.