Indeed, the trip design reflects this celebration of femininity through its experiences. Guests will meet inspiring women, visit female-led businesses, and more:
– A farm-to-table lunch in Barban, hosted by three generations of women from the Zufič family.
– In Slovenia, you’ll meet Irene Fonda on her family’s sustainable fish farm. Irene is an awarded biologist conducting important conservation work in the Gulf of Piran. On this MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® experience, you will learn about and taste Fonda’s sustainably bred sea bass in a sea-to-table experience.
Read More: Women who MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® – Dr. Irene Fonda – Fostering sustainable sea bass in the Adriatic
– Meet the women of the Tara Community Center, an industrious group of mostly older refugees from the Croatian war of independence. In making handicrafts and coming together to form a tight-knit community, they preserve their traditions and heal from the trauma of war.
Read more: Healing the wounds of war through the power of community: The Tara Community Centre
– Meet Maja and Ana, the tenacious businesswomen who started Brlog, the first female-led brewery in a male-dominated industry.
Read more: Women who MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® – Ana Teskera and Maja Śepetavec – Cooperative Beer Brewing in Croatia
– Visit Udruga Domine in Split, an organization that empowers women and advocates equality through workshops, research and training. You’ll uncover stories of women who shaped Split’s history, yet go unnoticed in the history books.
– In Hvar, you’ll meet Fedra, founder of the Faria women’s co-op. Faria empowers local women to maintain their cultural heritage. They promote the use of traditional recipes passed down over generations and indigenous ingredients of the islands. From this, they create amazing produce – from cosmetics to tasty chocolates. The co-op also mentors young students to help them set up their own business cooperatives.
– The workshop of Deša, in Dubrovnik, works to help refugees and female victims of violence and operates as a safe space for women to support one another. Set up following the siege of Dubrovnik, they are now an important center for education, training opportunities, workshops and women’s rights.