Everyone’s talking about net zero. But what does it actually mean and what are we doing to help achieve it? Put simply, on a global scale, net zero means cutting greenhouse gas emissions to as close to zero as possible, with any remaining emissions re-absorbed from the atmosphere, by oceans and forests for instance. And, at Insight, we are proudly doing our part.
At Insight, and our sister brands of The Travel Corporation (TTC), we are focused on change through action. And to make progressive strides for our planet, people, and wildlife, we must continuously adapt. Today (December 5, 2022) we have released a RESET of our Climate Action Plan. This announcement reflects our commitment to continuous evolution as, originally launched in 2021, our Climate Action Plan committed us to Measure, Reduce, Remove, Offset and Evolve.
In a major reset, we’ve accelerated our original climate action commitments:
• Committed to reach net zero GHG emissions across the value chain by 2050 from a 2019 baseline year – the accompanying short-term and long-term targets have been validated by the Science Based Target initiative (SBTi)
• Our reset plan prioritises reductions and eliminates the use of offsets
• We have established an internal carbon fund to invest in our net zero transition
• Our not-for-profit foundation, TreadRight, will move to prioritize nature-based solutions, in support of its three pillars of Planet, People and Wildlife
• We have updated our plan to four points, replacing Remove and Offset with Restore