Terms and Conditions
Insightful | The world’s best travel trivia game
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. By entering the Insight Vacations Insightful prize draw (“Competition”) you’re accepting these terms and conditions.
- Insight Vacations Travel Group Limited (“Insight Vacations”), a company registered in Guernsey whose registered office address is the Travel House, Rue du Manoir, St Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands, GY1 2JH.
Eligibility to Enter
- Entry is open to all entrants aged 18 years+ at the time of entry. However, employees and the immediate families of Insight Vacations (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be aged 18 or over at the time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid. Residents of the following countries are eligible to enter: USA (except New York, Florida and Rhode Island), Canada (except Quebec), Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, India, Thailand, Hong Kong, UK, European Union, and South Africa.
- Entrants under 18 years of age cannot enter.
- The competition commences on Tuesday 10 January 2023 at 09:00 BST and closes on Sunday 31 December 2023 at 23:59 BST (“Competition Period”). During the Competition Period Twelve (12) prizes will be awarded, one (1) every calendar month.
- The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, insightvacations.com, insightvacations.com, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram.
How to Enter
- Play the Insightful game at insightvacations.com by completing five (5) questions and submitting your details (first name, last name, phone number, email address and region of residency) to enter the Competition.
- Entrants may enter once (1) a week during the Competition period.
- The game (Insightful) is a game of skill; however, the Competition is a Competition of chance. A player’s performance in the game will have no effect on their chances of winning the competition. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Weekly Insightful game must be completed by the Monday following its launch at 23:59 BST to be included in the Competition.
- The time of entry will in each case be the time the entry is submitted on the Insightful game at insightful.insightvacations.com. The Promoter and associated agencies accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The Entrant is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using their device (e.g. phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the Entrant’s sole responsibility to control any and all access to their device. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this. Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize(s) to the Winner, the Winner hereby permits the Winner’s image and details to appear in connection with Insight Vacations or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received throughout the Competition Period and Twelve (12) Prize Winners will be selected during the Competition Period on a monthly basis within the 5th and 20th days of the following month. Winners will be contacted via an email within five (5) days of each of the competition closing dates. All Winners must respond to the email within five (5) days of the email being received. Winner’s details will be published in a method as determined by the Promoter after 10 days of the Winner being chosen.
- Random selection will be taken from the entrants who have played at least once during the calendar month. Winners will be selected at random from the entries using a randomizing formula and/or software.
- An entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Prize remains unclaimed by the Winner or unallocated or forfeited for any reason, by the 28th of each month at 09:30 BST, we will re-select a Winner at random.
- There will be Twelve (12) Prize Winners who will win the following prize:
- January to December inclusive - 1,000 USD travel voucher to spend on an Insight Vacations tour of the winner’s choice of 7 days or longer in local currency (1,000 USD for winners residing in USA and Singapore, 1,200 CAD for winners residing in Canada, 1,300 AUD for winners residing in Australia, 1,400 NZD for winners residing in New Zealand, 700 EUR for winners residing in Europe, 650 GBP for winners residing in the UK and 14,000 RAND for winners residing in South Africa).
- No refunds or cash value will be given for unused portions of the travel voucher. Travel voucher must be used in one booking/transaction and cannot be split across multiple bookings/vacations/tours.
- Trip includes accommodations per selected trip itinerary, meals per selected trip itinerary, and inclusions as per the trip package. Travel to and from the trip start and end destinations is not included in the Prize and must be covered and organized by the Prize winner.
- The Prize winner is responsible for obtaining proper travel documentation (e.g., passports), travel insurance, meals not included in selected trip itinerary, ground transportation and all other costs, expenses and taxes that are not specifically included above. The Sponsor is not responsible if winner is denied entrance into any country for any reason.
- No changes are permitted to reservations once date of travel is confirmed or ticket has been issued. Trip must be completed by 31 December 2024 and is subject to availability at the time of booking. Certain blackout periods may apply.
- The holiday must be booked at least forty-five (45) days in advance of the travel date.
- The total Prize Pool is valued at 12,000 USD. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now the and the end of the Competition Period.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner redemption, confirmation, verification, and final approval by Sponsor. The prize is non-transferrable.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
- The Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the contest, including, but not limited to; transportation costs, pre- and post-night accommodations, meals not indicated in the itinerary online at insightvacations.com, optional excursions, cancellation insurance, medical insurance, gratuities, personal expenses and other items of an incidental nature.
- Personal information about all Winners will be shared with the Prize provider, and their agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize Winners.
- If a Winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid entry requirements of notification of winning, their Prize will be forfeited in full, and the Winner/s will have no further claim. A re-selection will be held to award the Prize/s to a valid Entrant.
- Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Should a Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions to be a valid Winner they will forfeit all rights to the Prize, and a re-selection will take place to reallocate the Prize to a valid Winner.
- By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the trip purchased with the
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to government legislation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The promoter has the right to end the competition at any time and for any reason.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win this contest. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Void where prohibited by law.
Sponsor's Reservation of Rights.
- These Official Rules are subject to modification by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Sponsor are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's web site, or who otherwise acts in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to rescind, cancel, terminate, or modify this sweepstakes in whole or in part, at any time, without notice or liability, for any reason, including, but not limited to, if the sweepstakes is not capable of completion as planned due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the contest.